Fast Facts About Scarborough, Ontario
- Toronto: 1hr
- Oshawa: 26min
- Mississauga: 55min
- Toronto – 43min
Median income (2020):
- Individual (median salary of Markham): $45,184
- Household: $127,807
Type of location: District
Why is Scarborough a Nice Place to Live?
Scarborough is a beautiful area located just outside of Toronto. As an affordable place to live Scarborough offers accessible housing and rental apartments. Scarborough is just a short subway ride from the city. As one of largest and most diverse districts in the Greater Toronto area, Scarborough is a vibrant and exciting place to live. Those living in Scarborough enjoy the trendy restaurants and shopping in the area.
Scarborough offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Toronto District School Board. Its mission is to enable all students to reach high levels of achievement and well-being and to acquire the knowledge, skills and values they need to become responsible, contributing members of a democratic and sustainable society.
What is Scarborough Known For?
Scarborough includes a number of desirable natural landmarks, such as the Toronto Zoo, Rouge Park and the Scarborough Bluffs. The northeast corner of Scarborough is relatively rural with a few of Toronto’s last remaining farms. This means that Scarborough has a reputation of being greener than any other part of Toronto. Those living in Scarborough love the beautiful scenery and sense of community in the area.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Scarborough?
Some of the top restaurants in and around Scarborough with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Sahan Restaurant, for goat ribs, chicken stew & other Somali dishes served in an informal setting with a prayer room.
- Prague Restaurant, for Czech cooking & beers, plus cocktails, offered in white-tablecloth surrounds with homey accents.
- Fratelli Village Pizzeria, for pasta & wood-fired pizzas in an inviting setting with exposed brick & warm wood tones.
- Nakamori Japanese Restaurant, a warm, intimate eatery serving Japanese fare such as sushi, sashimi & omakase in wood-clad surroundings.
- Chris Jerk, a modest counter-serve Jamaican eatery featuring jerk chicken, curried goat & other classic dishes.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in Scarborough, Ontario check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 647-699-8000 to get immediate help.