Fast Facts About North York, Ontario
Population (2016): 869,401
- Toronto: 51min
- Oshawa: 44min
- Mississauga: 32min
- Toronto – 17min
Median income (2020):
- Individual (median salary of Markham): $45,184
- Household (Southeast North York): $145,234
Type of location: District
Why is North York a Nice Place to Live?
North York offers a diverse culture and has something for everyone. Whether it’s art, architecture, energetic nightlife, or beautiful scenery in open spaces, those living in North York enjoy the multitude of family-friendly activities. North York is also home to delicious eateries and trendy shops.
North York offers high-level quality public schools for elementary through high school students within the Toronto District School Board. Its mission is to enable all students to reach high levels of achievement and well-being and to acquire the knowledge, skills, and values they need to become responsible, contributing members of a democratic and sustainable society.
What is North York Known For?
North York is known for being home to Toronto’s five major shopping malls: the Yorkdale Shopping Centre and Fairview Mall. Other neighborhood mall locations are Centerpoint Mall, Bayview Village, Sheridan Mall, Yorkgate Mall, Shops at Don Mills, Steeles West Market Mall, Jane Finch Mall, and Sheppard Centre. As a suburb of Toronto, North York offers the serenity of suburban living with quick access to the city. Those living in North York love the family-friendly restaurants in town.
What Are the Best Restaurants in North York?
Some of the top restaurants in and around North York with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- The Keg Steakhouse + Bar – North York, for classic steak & seafood dishes are the mainstays at this stylish yet casual chain restaurant.
- Le Montmartre, classic French fare served up in a cozy, elegant space adorned with impressionist art.
- La Luce Ristorante, an Italian restaurant offering pasta, wine & weekly live jazz in an elegant, contemporary space.
- Raj Mahal Indian Cuisine, for classic curries & tandoori dishes served in a relaxed, family-owned eatery with modern decor.
- Auberge du Pommier, for sophisticated French cuisine & an expansive wine list, offered in an elegant, romantic atmosphere.
To learn more about purchasing a home and living in North York, Ontario check out the median home price and inventory or call me at 647-699-8000 to get immediate help.